As we are in the midst of unknown and unchartered waters, there are blessings in the midst of “the storm.” God is present, alive, and moving among us…we just need to be intentional to see Him. We are called to “fear not” and to “trust in Him.” Trust that the Creator of the universe in bigger than the coronavirus; that He is more powerful than any illness; that He is faithful to His promises; that He is at work in our hurting world; that when it doesn’t seem like there is a solution to our problems He is faithful in providing a way; and that He loves us all very deeply!! Every single one of us!!! We are His beloved sons and daughters ❤️
He is not the author of evil, sickness, pain, division, or heartache. We live in a broken world, filled with broken things. But fortunately God doesn’t leave us here abandoned or forsaken. He is PRESENT…ALWAYS!! In the middle of the “storm” He provides blessings, peace, comfort, strength, wisdom, and yes…even the ability to have joy.
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 (NIV)
Looking at the upcoming changes in our daily worlds, I see it overflowing with God’s blessings, and I’m choosing to embracing them 😁
– spending more time together as a family
– slowing down from a hectic and fast paced existence
– being intentional about reaching out to our neighbors and those in need
– facebook posts that have shifted from arguing and division, to sharing ways and ideas that we can help each other
– making hygiene and our health a priority
– getting outside, enjoying nature, and moving our bodies
– sharing ways to show love and support to residents of nursing homes, local food pantries, and coming together as a community
– communities being intentional about supporting local small businesses
– people who are financially able are donating money to help pay people’s salaries
– having the opportunity to clean out some of the things we no longer need/use and share them with those who can use them
– having the chance to get to do some of the things on our “to do” lists that we haven’t had the time to do
I am not in denial of the challenges, heartbreak, and fear that is so rampant among us. But for my own sanity, well being, and the sanity of my family I need to choose to see the good that is in the midst of the trial.
I trust in the One who is ultimately in control…and the only One who has the true power to halt this disease in its tracks. So to that I take my weighted heart to God in prayer…and do my best to leave it there…and rest in Him.
I am continually praying…
– for all aspects of the coronavirus and all the situations arising from it.
– that God and God alone has the power to stop coved-19 in its tracks. You are greater Lord Jesus…trusting in You!
– for God’s peace and comfort to wash over us all and to lift our fears and worries. He tells us to “fear not” and to “cast our cares on Him.” Prayers that we can do that and trust that He will have us through the unknown days ahead.
– for God’s healing hand to be on all those who currently have the coronavirus. That He brings healing and restoration to their bodies.
– for the health, wellbeing, healing, and protection for us all.
– for God’s extra hand of protection on those with increased health risks…the elderly and the immune compromised. Also with those who are pregnant and due to deliver during this time.
– for those in quarantine and for those living alone at this time. Protect them from loneliness…and help them to know that they are never truly alone and to feel Your loving presence right there beside them.
– that God’s hand is with all our leaders (locally, nationally, and globally) giving them wisdom and guidance on how to address all the rising issues pertaining to covid-19.
– that God is with the scientists that are working on finding a cure, and a way to treat and slow down the spread of coved-19
– for the provision of all necessary medial supplies…trusting in you Lord God to make a way
– for all the medical staff…that God keeps them and their families safe, healthy, and protected from this virus
– that God is with the economy and that we get through this without any long lasting negative affects…You are able Lord God!🙌
– for the financial provision for all those whose jobs and businesses are being affected. That God provides a way, support, and relief. You Lord God know every individuals need and situation. Trusting in You to provide!
– for all the small businesses. That God provides ways for them to stay afloat during this time
– for those in need. I pray Lord Jesus for the needs to be made known, and for us to be able to be Your hands and feet to meet those needs.
– for child care provision for those who need it, and for the protection of child care workers
– for protection for all the grocery store workers, truck drivers, and delivery employees that are proving a way for us to have food
– for all the families together at this time…let this be a time of unity that is filled with blessings. That the families are protected from stress and heightened frustrations. Protection also from any and all forms of abuse.
– for all the families with little kids whose routines and worlds have been turned upside down. That they have peace during this shift in their routines. I especially lift children with special needs whose routines are so important. Be with their parents giving them wisdom, patience, and guidance. That the kids are able to see this as a “fun time with family” verse a time of worry, concern, or fear.
– for the “homeschooling” of kids. That God’s hand is with the teachers and students as they adjust to this new way of doing school. Also be with the parents…giving them wisdom and patience as they support their kids in this new way of learning.
– for all the youth and college athletes whose sports seasons were ended early…or were never able to get started. That they are able to find peace in the midst of their the heartbreak.
– for all the high school and college seniors whose final year is not looking at all like they thought it would be. Comfort them Lord God.
– for the Church…that we are able to be a beacon of light during this dark time. That more people will tune in to a church service on-line than would maybe attend a church service in person. That as a nation we turn to You Lord God, seek Your healing hand, turn to Your Word for peace, comfort, and strength, and find true rest in You. What Satan meant for evil, God can use for good!🙌🙌
– that You are present Lord God and in the midst You are working all things together for Your good…even when we may not feel that way. Trusting in you Lord Jesus!
Please join me in “praying without ceasing,”
1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV
With so many things happening that we have no control over, I find peace and comfort lifting the needs to the One who has control.
My heart is also lifted seeing God at work during these challenging times! He is ALWAYS present, He is with us, reaching out an outstretched hand…we just need to take hold of it and let Him lead us. That we trust in Him, that He is for us and not against us, and that He uses ALL THINGS FOR GOOD…even the coronavirus 🙌
So let’s “FEAR NOT”… let’s focus on the good…trust that God is in control, embrace time together with our families…turn off the news…and allow our hearts to find true peace and rest in the Author of all things good!!
God is good…He is faithful…and He’s got us!!!
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)
How can I be specifically praying for you and your family during this time? You can either leave a comment below or message me privately. It would be my honor and privilege to lift any of your needs.
Wishing you a blessed and beautiful day as you embrace God’s presence within your day 🙌😁